Matcha Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These matcha chocolate chunk cookies are the perfect sophisticated twist on traditional chocolate chip cookies. The added Nekohama matcha chocolate chunks not only contributes to the overall richness and decadence of the cookies, but they also add an extra layer of creaminess and a burst of matcha flavor. These cookies have the most irresistible texture that is both crispy and chewy!
- 120 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour 80 g whole wheat flour
- 65 g (1/2 cup) spelt flour
- 30 g (~ 1/4 cup) flaxseed meal
- 3 g (~ 1 tsp) baking powder
- 2-3 g (1 tsp) Nekohama matcha
- 2 g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 75g oil
- 30g (~1 tbsp) unsweetened apple sauce
- 80g ( 1/3 cup) cane sugar
- 60g ( 1/4 cup) plant based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 70g Nekohama matcha chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Add dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chunks. (reserve some for garnish)
- Scoop cookies onto a baking sheet using an ice cream scoop. Flatten with a spatula. Press in reserved chocolate chunks.
- Bake fro 13-15 mins. Let them cool slightly, then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
VEGAN - DAIRY FREE