Vegan Matcha Sugar Cookies
These vegan matcha sugar cookies are soft, chewy, and slightly crispy on the outside! Using natural and colorful ingredients, like beet sugar, matcha, and edible flowers make these cookies particularly unique and delicious. These are the perfect cookies to share with friends and family! Make sure to store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature to keep them fresh for longer.
- 113g (1 stick) vegan unsalted butter
- 150g organic beet sugar or cane sugar
- 70g (1/4 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g (1 3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 4g (1/2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 5g Nekohama matcha
- edible flowers for pressing on top
- Cream softened butter with a mixer, add beet sugar, applesauce, vanilla and cream until pale and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, mix first and then sift over creamed butter mixture.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until you get soft pliable dough that doesn't stick. You might need to add 1-2 tbsp of flour at this point if the dough feels wet. Cover and freeze for 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Roll the chilled dough between two pieces of parchment paper, cut the shapes with a cookie cutter and press 1-2 flower on top of each cookie. Transfer to a baking sheet and freeze for 10 mins. Form scraps into a ball, chill and repeat the process.
- Bake for 8-9 mins. Let it stabilize on a baking tray for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
VEGAN - DAIRY FREE