Black Sesame Stuffed Matcha Cookies
BLACK SESAME STUFFED MATCHA COOKIES
When we mixed black sesame paste, chocolate and matcha together for the first time, our jaws dropped. Bold, nutty and sweet, this flavor combo hits it out of the park. Vegan, gluten & dairy free with no added sugars, these cookies can be served to anyone you love. And they will love them (and you) right back. Trust us.
- 60g black sesame paste
- 40g white (vegan) chocolate
For the cookies:
- 100g AP flour
- 50g spelt or oat flour
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6g matcha
- 113g vegan salted butter*
- 50g coconut sugar
- 100g beet sugar
*if using unsalted, add a pinch of salt to dry ingredients
To make the filling:
- Combine black sesame paste and chocolate, microwave in short bursts until chocolate is melted. Place in the fridge to set. Once the mixture is thick enough to scoop, line a baking tray with parchment and scoop the mixture in small disks using 1/2 tsp. Place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight.
To make cookies:
- Combine all dry ingredients and set aside.Cream butter and sugars until pale and aerated. Add a flax egg and mix to combine.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until no flour streaks remain. Cover and let it chill for 20-30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- Scoop pieces of dough that's approximately 35g each. Divide in half and flatten into disks. Place frozen sesame paste mixture in the center of the first disk, cover with the second disk, pinch to close and shape into a puck.
- Sprinkle with raw cane sugar (optional) and bake for 13-15 mins. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
VEGAN - GLUTEN FREE - DAIRY FREE