Matcha Hot Cocoa
Everyone loves hot cocoa in the winter. Literally, everyone. Perfect for yourself or to serve your whole family, you will love this Matcha Cocoa recipe. As we’ve discovered with our best-selling Matcha Chocolate, matcha and cocoa go very well together. So this season, ditch the pre-packaged hot cocoa confectionary powder (you know exactly what we’re talking about) and instead, grab your Nekohama Matcha, some almond milk and cocoa powder, and you’ve got yourself a healthy, satisfying twist on hot cocoa.
- 2g matcha powder
- 75 ml hot water
- 3g (2 tsp) cocoa powder
- Tiny pinch of salt for taste balance
- 1-2 tsp raw cane sugar (or more to taste)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220 ml) almond milk, hot
- Whipped coconut cream for serving (optional)
- Make a matcha shot.
- Pour over sifted cocoa powder and whisk until there’s no more lumps.
- Add salt, sugar, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Heat the milk and pour over the cocoa/matcha mixture.
- Whip coconut cream and dollop on top.
- Garnish with matcha powder.
VEGAN - GLUTEN FREE - DAIRY FREE