Matcha Mango Bubble Tea
Bubble tea is an all-year-round favorite. Originating from Taiwan, bubble tea usually consists of sweetened tea with milk and the characteristic chewy tapioca balls, also known as boba. It’s one of our favorite drinkable treats, but is often packed with refined sugars and heavy syrups. Enter our Matcha Mango Bubble Tea. Replace the refined sugar with the sweetness of a fresh mango, this creamy treat won’t let you down.
- 1/2 cup homemade matcha tapioca balls (we have the recipe!)
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 large or 2 medium sized ripe mangoes
- 150-200 ml any plant based milk
- 2g (2 bamboo scoops) Nekohama matcha
- 75 ml warm water
To make matcha tapioca balls:
- Bring a pot with water to a rolling boil and add tapioca.
- Boil for 20 mins.
- Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and let it sit for another 10 mins.
- Place in an ice bath for a couple of minutes and then strain.
- Pour agave syrup, mix and set aside.
To make the drink:
- Blitz mango in a blender or food processor. You can puree all the way through if you want a smooth drink, but we recommend to leave some small mango chunks for a layered drink.
- Brew a matcha shot.
- Assemble the drink: put tapioca balls, followed by a layer of mango puree, ice, milk and matcha.
- Take a second to appreciate the beauty of layers, then mix and enjoy!