Matcha Nama Chocolate
Matcha, truffle and chocolate. A few of our favorite things. Made with four simple ingredients, these chocolates pack a punch of a flavor and are an easy way to put a delicious spin on your typical chocolate treat. The best part? They’re heart shaped so they make a perfect gift! Perfect for Valentine's day or as a gesture to show someone how much you love them, these chocolates are incredibly easy to make. Smooth, tasty and silky, these truffle matcha chocolates are irresistible.
Makes about 30 small heart-shaped chocolates.
For the cashew cream:
- 70g raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 120 ml of water
For the Matcha Nama Chocolate:
- 200g Nekohama Matcha Chocolate, melted
- 60ml (80g) cashew cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Freeze dried raspberries or strawberries, finely ground, for garnish
To make cashew cream:
- Drain soaked cashews and transfer into a high power blender.
- Add water and blend until smooth.
(you will have a little more cream than you need for this recipe.)
To make matcha nama chocolate:
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. If using the microwave method, make sure to heat it in quick 10-15 sec bursts.
- After the chocolate is completely melted, add a pinch of salt and mix until smooth.
- Warm up cashew cream to room temp or just above (don’t bring to a boil or it will curdle).
- Add the cream, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Transfer into a piping bag (ziplock bag works just as well), cut off the tip and pipe into a heart-shaped silicone mold*. Alternatively, use two small spoons.
- Tap the mold lightly on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Transfer into a freezer for at least 2 hours, better overnight.
- Remove from the mold. Dust with raspberry/strawberry powder and serve.
*If you don’t have the heart-shaped silicone mold, just use a regular square baking dish lined with parchment paper. In that case, don’t freeze it, just refrigerate until set and cut the squares. Warm up the sharp knife before each cut to achieve a nice, clean cut.
VEGAN - GLUTEN FREE - DAIRY FREE