Matcha Cheesecake (Baked)
The first time we tried matcha with cream cheese, we knew we had a fun, easy-to-prep dish in the making. As it turns out, earthy, nutty and floral notes pair quite well with rich, tangy and buttery flavors. Best served in cheesecake form, this is one of our most popular recipes and has been tested by many community members. It’s creamy, light and delicately sweet in flavor. The combination of matcha and cheesecake is a match made in heaven.
- 2 pack GF Graham Crackers (we love Simple Mills!)
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 2 pack vegan cream cheese (8 ounce packs Tofutti)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Nekohama matcha
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp oat milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Mix together the ingredients for the base in a food processor and add to baking tray, press with fingertips to create crust.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes
- While base is in the oven, add vegan cream cheese and sugar to a bowl and mix with a mixer. Sift matcha powder in, then add cornstarch & oat milk until smooth.
- Add filling to the baking crust and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down to room temperature and put it in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.