Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte
Whether we like to admit it or not, we all love Pumpkin Spice Season. Chilly mornings, sunny afternoons, brisk evenings…you know the feeling. To celebrate our favorite time of year, we’ve created a healthier, tastier, homemade Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte. Enjoy your favorite cinnamon and pumpkin treat, without the inevitable sugar crash. Instead, this recipe swaps refined sugar for matcha, giving you all of the benefits of lasting energy and none of the headaches.
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (~120 ml) plant based milk
- 1-2 tsp honey (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice mix
- 2g Nekohama matcha + 50 ml water
- In a small saucepan combine pumpkin puree and spices and toast for a couple of minutes over medium heat to release flavor.
- Pour milk and mix. Once the mixture starts to simmer, remove from heat and froth.
- Prepare a matcha shot. To assemble the drink, pour matcha in a serving cup and top with milk and pumpkin mixture.
Slice up an apple and you're good to go for a perfect fall day!